Powered By Blogger

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Made to crave


My soul yearns, even faints,

    for the courts of the Lord;
my heart and my flesh cry out
    for the living God.

Psalm 82:4


Putting and keeping God's word in my mind, heart and soul is the habit that will continue to increase my love for Him and correct the relationship with my friend, food. For too long food has been my comforter, companion, always there but never really satisfying.  What I've noticed is that it's so temporary...the comfort only lasts for a short time and nothing of real value comes from it.  I yearn, crave a longer lasting relationship with the almighty God who created me.  Getting His perspective on who I am in Him is helping me to fix the relationship with food.  Food is necessary as that's how God created me but God desires for me to be free from the lust of my eyes, pride of my flesh, and boasting.  Only through His word and spirit can this be accomplished. Thankfully it's a day by day journey and I'm excited to be on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment