Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Portions

Happy vacation dance is going on right now...but first I needed to get something right this morning.  Yesterday I over indulged in the valentines candy that I brought into the house. I wasn't hungry, I was reluctant to get started on some grading I needed to do, I was home by myself, so I indulged again and again. I wanted to throw it away but I didn't, so I ate it.  I hid it and when I woke up this morning, I felt condemned, defeated before I even got out of bed today.  Not a good way to start my time off.  One discipline I'm getting better at is reading God's word every morning so today I did my reading and then felt like I needed to read the book "Made to Crave". I chose the chapter called overindulgence and the scripture was Lamentations 3:22-24, "The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. "The Lord is my portion," says my soul, "therefore I will hope in Him."
Immediate confession of yesterday and forgiveness flooded my soul. I believe and have believed the lies of the enemy for so long, but I am encouraged that the Holy Spirit will continue to point out the lies to me and that I can have truth in my mind and heart.  Portion control is essential for my goal of losing weight, and when I overindulge in those portions I can learn from it and His mercies are new every morning. I am desiring new patterns that reflect God's truth and promises in my mind, not the lies of the enemy. It is indeed a new day so let my time off begin...let's clean this house! 

No comments:

Post a Comment